Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Gifts!

I have a few recommendations for holiday gifts this year.  And a blog with a ton of great ideas!!

Books!!  Any and all!  A few of my favorites are:


Pete the Cat (there are 2: I Love My White Shoes and Rocking in my School Shoes) by Eric Litwin


Little Blue and Little Yellow (an old but great book) by Leo Lionni



Terrific by Jon Agee




The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein



Ted by Tony Diterlizzi





...and anything by Mo Willems (my favorites are Leonardo the Terrible Monster and all of the pigeon books).  I could go on and on about books!



Here is a great list by Parents Magazine of the best books by age.  The Preschool and Big Kids sections have some great classics and new books!

Games!  Any games to encourage your child to read, count, take turns, interact, socialize, use vocabulary, or have fun!!  One of my favorite, not as well game is Zingo.  It is a great way for kids to have fun, use vocabulary, and interact!  They also have a math version, Zingo 1-2-3 that is a bit more educational and just as fun!!



Mom Colored Glasses, an amazing blog edited by a teacher at our school, also put together a wonderful list of Holiday Gifts!   There are gifts for kids, parents, and even pets!  Some of my favorites for kids are Illustory (kids can write, illustrate, and have published their own story), Color Your Own Castle, all of the books (of course), Box Play for Kids (stickers that turn your recyclables into something extraordinary), Very Silly Sentences, and Rory's Story Cubes (roll the picture cubes and tell a story using all of the pictures!)



No comments:

Post a Comment